It can be tempting to break out the toolbox when your heat system is acting up in your Greenville, VA home; especially if you’re handy around the house. Due to the combination of fuels, electricity, and flames, this is one area of home repair that should be left to a licensed HVAC technician.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide is a toxic, odorless gas that can lead to poisoning and death. It’s produced as a byproduct of burning fuels. Your heating system is designed to keep it contained and out of your home. However, if you damage certain components it can leak into your home. A trained technician will know how to safely fix any problems. Your job is to make sure your carbon monoxide detector’s batteries don’t run down.

Gas Explosion

A leak in the gas line can spell big trouble. If not handled properly, it can lead to a house fire, resulting in property loss, injury, and even death. Hiring an HVAC expert who can safely fix any problems with the system is a small price to pay for the health and safety of you, your family, and your home.

Damaged Furnace

If you try take matters into your own hands and attempt larger repairs to save some money, you could actually end up damaging your furnace. This could lead to paying even more money to fix it, or even a hefty replacement bill. Attempting repairs yourself will also void the warranty if the furnace is still under one, and you’ll be paying out of pocket to get that repair debacle addressed.

Don’t put yourself and your family at risk. If your heater needs help this winter, hire a trained and licensed technician to do it safely with purpose-built equipment. They can even let you know what maintenance tasks you can perform, like changing filters. So the next time your furnace is acting up, remember, safety first, and call 540-302-5186. Our trusted team here at Valley Air Heating, Cooling & Plumbing will be happy to do everything we can to help.

Image provided by Shutterstock

Font Resize
Contrast

Pin It on Pinterest