For any person with an HVAC system in their home, investing in heating and cooling services is a must. Things like furnace maintenance, furnace repair, cooling system care, and more all play a vital role in improving efficiency and keeping your home and family as safe as possible.

So, what risks do you face when your cooling or heating system is not functioning correctly? Well, one of the biggest threats is carbon monoxide exposure. Learn more about this dangerous gas below, then schedule your heating and cooling maintenance today. The care you deserve is just a phone call away.

What is Carbon Monoxide?

What exactly is carbon monoxide? Well, it is a poisonous gas that has no color or odor, so detecting it is next to impossible. When fuel is burned indoors, carbon monoxide is found in the fumes the appliance gives out and, should there be a leak or malfunction present, this dangerous gas can start working its way into your home.

Symptoms of Exposure

Because this gas is so hard to detect, knowing the signs and symptoms of exposure is vital. Some physical differences you will likely notice are confusion, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, weakness, chest pain, and other flu-like symptoms. If you suspect carbon monoxide may be present in your home, leave immediately and call for medical attention.

Those who do not receive care in time will eventually pass out and may even die if they continue being exposed. As you can see, when it comes to carbon monoxide, you do not want to take any chances. Invest in the care you and your family need to stay safer by relying on our team of experts today.

Preventing Carbon Monoxide Exposure

One way to prevent carbon monoxide from entering your home is to invest in regular maintenance for your gas appliances. A reputable heating and cooling company can take a look at your system, clean it, and service it for right around $70 to $100. They will also replace your air filter, ensuring you get the clean, quality air your family deserves.

The furnace and heat pump must also be clean and working soundly to ensure no harmful gases enter the home, and by having your heating and cooling system inspected, you lower your risk of exposure significantly. Throughout this process, the technician can measure carbon monoxide levels and determine whether there are any leakages, which well worth spending a hundred dollar bill on.

We also recommend purchasing carbon monoxide detectors and placing them throughout your home. These devices often offer the first warning signs of trouble, and they give you ample time to exit the household and make the call for medical services and professional care.

Our Team Is Ready to Help

When you work with the team at Valley Air, you will note right away that safety is a top priority of ours. We take your needs and concerns seriously, and we never skimp when it comes to providing you the best care possible. Reach out today for better care and higher-quality services every time.

The best online JS tools can be found at script beautifier, compressor, cheat sheet or just read the blog.

Pin It on Pinterest

Compliance Settings
Increase Font Size
Simplified Font
Underline Links
Highlight Links